20.2K views

I purchased a Duralast battery from Auto Zone and started having problems with it very quickly.The first time I encountered a problem, I called AAA.

They tested the battery and told me it was bad. They offered to sell me a battery but told me that it didn't appear to be very old and suggested that I take it back to Auto Zone. I did and Auto Zone told me it was a good battery but they charged it. The battery worked for a while longer then I recently had another problem with it.

A mechanic tested it and AGAIN told me it was a bad battery. A friend jumped my car and I took it into Auto Zone and AGAIN they told me that it was a good battery but also said that it was still under warranty. Then my car wouldn't start AGAIN so I towed it to a automotive shop. They ALSO told me that it was a bad battery that wasn't holding a charge.

Before I brought the battery to Auto Zone, I called to talk to a manager because I didn't want to go through the hassle to AGAIN be told that my bad battery was SOMEHOW testing as good although several others tested it and found the contrary. I spoke to Braden, who told me that he couldn't find me in the system so they couldn't honor a battery warranty. I was EXTREMELY upset since it is Auto Zone's brand of battery and it seems highly unlikely to me that someone would have incorrectly entered my name, phone number and zip code. The manager referred me to the district manager, Jorge, who indicated that they wouldn't do anything to help me but offered me 20% off.

Given that Auto Zone repeatedly wouldn't replace their battery that wasn't keeping a charge and now coincidentally can't find me in the system, it is obvious to me that I have been bamboozled and that Auto Zone never had any intention of honoring their warranty. Auto Zone escaped their responsibility and I had to purchase a new battery.

It's evident that Auto Zone has found that it is cheaper to do business in a way where they dodge their responsibilities and push the cost onto their customers.

Had an Experience with Autozone?

Comments

Not a duralast fan.

Gys92spirit@gmail.com

I guess I'll go to O'Reilly autoparts instead

to Anonymous Naples, Florida, United States #1265359

just got a battery from auto zone, left auto zone then seen the guages dont work,went back.they said need to take it to the dealer, bmw 335i.

they said the computer needs to be programed to the battery.went down street to a automotive repair, it needed a fuse replaced.

to Anonymous Sterling Heights, Michigan, United States #1294987

Got and paid for a "new" alternator from them.It was the price of a new one, $216.

Later took old one back in for the $50 deposit back. Noticed on receipt that new alternator says refurbished, so of course wanted to return for an actual new one. They would not take it back and insisted that the new vs. the refurb.

was the same, well not to me it wasn't!

Also they charged me the new price.I don't care for AZ, but will not use this store again.

Fayetteville, Georgia, United States #1248666

Autozone batteries are sub standard garbage. Never buy from them.

Fairbanks, Alaska, United States #1242576

This is bs.While I'm not an autozone fanboy, they do honor their warranties.

I've had batteries replaced before with no issues. I've had an alternator switched out even though it passed when tested as well as batteries warrantied out even though it tested good. Autozone's warranty is the only reason I use them. I've had parts fail and had them replaced with no hassle at all.

I highly doubt the author's claim that his battery tested bad by all these different people but always tested good at autozone. Why would someone pay all the people he paid when it would have been cheaper just to purchase another battery and be done with it?????

This review stinks of bs.He probably did something to void the warranty and made up all this bs because he's pissed he didn't get a free battery for his screwup.

jddenn
to Anonymous #1362615

spoken like a TRUE AZ employee...

Waltham, Massachusetts, United States #1229544

The best battery I have been buying since 1979 for all of my cars is Delco.It is completely sealed and 100% maintenance free so the terminals never corrode.

I routinely change them after 5 years of service and have never had one fail before that and of course if a battery fails on the road it can be costly and a big inconvience.

The reason I do that is because as the battery gets older and weaker it becomes harder for the alternator to charge it.The replacement warrenty various from 18 to 42 months depending on the model.

Louisville, Kentucky, United States #1211987

I had a similar problem.Autozone is saying that my car has electrical issues and they wont replace my battery again!

I am on my 3rd battery I have had my car checked out and AAA has told me that duralast batteries fail all the time!

I was told you are lucky if they last over a year.Mine have failed anywhere from 6 months to a year!