Autozone - Will never trust Auto-Zone!!!! I was lied too, and Ripped off!!!
Hello to all of the people who are mad at auto-zone, i'am now part of this growing community of angry and ex-customers of Auto-zone. First of all i don't know why they do this, but i imagine its for business purposes and profit.
it was about a year ago, that we went to replace two Duralast gold battery's that went bad, and completely died out.
I like to keep a file cab-nit of all major purchases either for automotive or domestic items. So i went through my pile of receipts to find my proof of purchase. Since they had a three year replacement warranty. I went to auto-zone in good efforts of getting my battery's replaced since they didn't even last a year. i walked up to the desk and was assisted by a guy who goes by the name of John. i told him that the battery's were completely dead and did not meet my expectations, since they we're promised to last two years or more. and never have i had issues with a battery's ding out in less then year. i had to jump start my car for all most a week before i decided that they were officially dead. e told me he would look me up in the system, to verify that the battery's were still under warranty. and they were, i popped up on the system and everything checked outed just fine, but them he told me that unfortunately the battery could not be replaced due t inconvenience that auto-zone no longer made Duralast Gold, that the battery i was in search of, had been discontinued by the manufacture, he took me to the isle of battery's and gave me alternatives, but he said i would have to buy two whole new battery's because the warranty would not cover anything, because the battery's would not be duralast. i believed what he told me, because on the shelf i did not see any duralast battery's of any kind. i wonder how many other people they fooled, because they fooled me, in the end i bought two ACDelco battery's which to this day are doing pretty good, but i can only wait to see what the future holds from these two new battery's. I now live a few blocks away from a NAPA Auto center, so i did not visit auto-zone for almost a year. I recently had an emergency where one of the hoses for the cooling engine system began to leak, and the nearest auto store was an auto-zone, i stopped by to purchase a replacement for the hose, and some engine coolant, in hopes that i would't over heat the engine on my way home,(i was planning on sealing it with some duck tape at first) as i walked in to the store i walk up to the desk and ask them for the part that i need to replace, the guy who helped me out gave good customer service, and as i thought about the leak on my truck, i decided to top off the engine coolant at the same time. i went to the isle where the engine oils and engine coolants were, i got the best one for my truck. and on my way to the front deask i passed by the battery isle and to my surprise i bumped into this whole shelf of Duralast gold and Duralast platinum!!! it was like seeing something travel from the past and magically appear right before your eyes. i got pretty mad inside thinking that i was ripped off on my warranty and lied to. i fixed the leak and filled my coolant and went home mad. I went home and did my research on the battery's and never did the 27-DLG stop being manufactured. i felt really cheated out on my money. i take it as theft, as a way to rip ff customers of their money. but i don't think i can ever trust auto-zone ever again.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Place is really friendly looking
- Clean store
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Duralast 27-Dlg Battery
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Installed a new AutoZone branded water pump, new thermostat (pretested), new hoses, new drive belt, and new idler pulley when the vehicle started going over temp under high drive and..."
- "Hi I am here to "advise (or) ask" Auto Zone why they permit homeless people to sleep in or around their dumpsters at store # 1051 at 1200 S.W. 12..."
- "I DROVE my car to Autozone today to have my battery & alternator tested due to a faulty alternator code. An employee came outside with me & placed his..."
- "On Sept. 2014 I placed an order and paid 50% ( required)of total payment to Phoenix Woodworking (Cascade ID) for a bedroom set which was supposed to be delivered in..."
- "My ferret went in to get his teeth cleaned and a tooth pulled, and never came out. The Doctor kept saying it was because of his age. It was because..."
- "Never have I had an experience that required me to go so far as to contact a corporate office, I am not one who cares to complain and typically find..."
- "I had my account deactivated today after putting in countless hours.I am a mother of 17month old baby girl which is the reason I even used Swagbucks. I was using..."
- "Rashard Johnson of the Forty Niners was penalized 15 yards for "Unsportsmanlike conduct" for making a "snow angel" after scoring what he thought was a touchdown. Ridiculous. Period. Our whole..."
- "I made a purchased from billet tech a couple years ago and when I wrote a review online in my group mentioning the lies I was given and the extra..."