Hello to all of the people who are mad at auto-zone, i'am now part of this growing community of angry and ex-customers of Auto-zone. First of all i don't know why they do this, but i imagine its for business purposes and profit.
it was about a year ago, that we went to replace two Duralast gold battery's that went bad, and completely died out.
I like to keep a file cab-nit of all major purchases either for automotive or domestic items. So i went through my pile of receipts to find my proof of purchase. Since they had a three year replacement warranty. I went to auto-zone in good efforts of getting my battery's replaced since they didn't even last a year. i walked up to the desk and was assisted by a guy who goes by the name of John. i told him that the battery's were completely dead and did not meet my expectations, since they we're promised to last two years or more. and never have i had issues with a battery's ding out in less then year. i had to jump start my car for all most a week before i decided that they were officially dead. e told me he would look me up in the system, to verify that the battery's were still under warranty. and they were, i popped up on the system and everything checked outed just fine, but them he told me that unfortunately the battery could not be replaced due t inconvenience that auto-zone no longer made Duralast Gold, that the battery i was in search of, had been discontinued by the manufacture, he took me to the isle of battery's and gave me alternatives, but he said i would have to buy two whole new battery's because the warranty would not cover anything, because the battery's would not be duralast. i believed what he told me, because on the shelf i did not see any duralast battery's of any kind. i wonder how many other people they fooled, because they fooled me, in the end i bought two ACDelco battery's which to this day are doing pretty good, but i can only wait to see what the future holds from these two new battery's. I now live a few blocks away from a NAPA Auto center, so i did not visit auto-zone for almost a year. I recently had an emergency where one of the hoses for the cooling engine system began to leak, and the nearest auto store was an auto-zone, i stopped by to purchase a replacement for the hose, and some engine coolant, in hopes that i would't over heat the engine on my way home,(i was planning on sealing it with some duck tape at first) as i walked in to the store i walk up to the desk and ask them for the part that i need to replace, the guy who helped me out gave good customer service, and as i thought about the leak on my truck, i decided to top off the engine coolant at the same time. i went to the isle where the engine oils and engine coolants were, i got the best one for my truck. and on my way to the front deask i passed by the battery isle and to my surprise i bumped into this whole shelf of Duralast gold and Duralast platinum!!! it was like seeing something travel from the past and magically appear right before your eyes. i got pretty mad inside thinking that i was ripped off on my warranty and lied to. i fixed the leak and filled my coolant and went home mad. I went home and did my research on the battery's and never did the 27-DLG stop being manufactured. i felt really cheated out on my money. i take it as theft, as a way to rip ff customers of their money. but i don't think i can ever trust auto-zone ever again.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
- Place is really friendly looking
- Clean store
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Duralast 27-Dlg Battery
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Our 2008 Itasca Navion MH by Winnebago, which we purchased new, has a propane tank, as you can see by the accompanying images, that is disintegrating and putting our lives..."
- "Today(24th March 2015) I went to return the dirty power steering fluid i pumped out of my car and its less than 5 quat and return it to Autozone..."
- "I took the unit apart. Came in a small aluminum container. The 'chip' and the PC board it was on were a joke. Pure scam. The circuit is nonsense. Not..."
- "Went to mcdonalds in Phoenix AZ 85040 and I was eating my food on my lunch break and I went to take the next *** and noticed this in my..."
- "My ferret went in to get his teeth cleaned and a tooth pulled, and never came out. The Doctor kept saying it was because of his age. It was because..."
- "horrible and I intentionally ordered it tWo size too big and it still didn't fit..."
- " I acquired a pair of heritage model 1907's a couple months ago. They have been conditioned a couple times to help soften the leather. These boots are..."
- "Their service sucks! Couple days ago I notice my page was in blank when I had many listings and I contact them by email and they said because they send..."
- "I have bought a few items from Everbuying, and had no problems. I bought a cheap tablet and a couple of case covers for my cellphones, and that was it...."