Autozone - Will never trust Auto-Zone!!!! I was lied too, and Ripped off!!!
Hello to all of the people who are mad at auto-zone, i'am now part of this growing community of angry and ex-customers of Auto-zone. First of all i don't know why they do this, but i imagine its for business purposes and profit.
it was about a year ago, that we went to replace two Duralast gold battery's that went bad, and completely died out.
I like to keep a file cab-nit of all major purchases either for automotive or domestic items. So i went through my pile of receipts to find my proof of purchase. Since they had a three year replacement warranty. I went to auto-zone in good efforts of getting my battery's replaced since they didn't even last a year. i walked up to the desk and was assisted by a guy who goes by the name of John. i told him that the battery's were completely dead and did not meet my expectations, since they we're promised to last two years or more. and never have i had issues with a battery's ding out in less then year. i had to jump start my car for all most a week before i decided that they were officially dead. e told me he would look me up in the system, to verify that the battery's were still under warranty. and they were, i popped up on the system and everything checked outed just fine, but them he told me that unfortunately the battery could not be replaced due t inconvenience that auto-zone no longer made Duralast Gold, that the battery i was in search of, had been discontinued by the manufacture, he took me to the isle of battery's and gave me alternatives, but he said i would have to buy two whole new battery's because the warranty would not cover anything, because the battery's would not be duralast. i believed what he told me, because on the shelf i did not see any duralast battery's of any kind. i wonder how many other people they fooled, because they fooled me, in the end i bought two ACDelco battery's which to this day are doing pretty good, but i can only wait to see what the future holds from these two new battery's. I now live a few blocks away from a NAPA Auto center, so i did not visit auto-zone for almost a year. I recently had an emergency where one of the hoses for the cooling engine system began to leak, and the nearest auto store was an auto-zone, i stopped by to purchase a replacement for the hose, and some engine coolant, in hopes that i would't over heat the engine on my way home,(i was planning on sealing it with some duck tape at first) as i walked in to the store i walk up to the desk and ask them for the part that i need to replace, the guy who helped me out gave good customer service, and as i thought about the leak on my truck, i decided to top off the engine coolant at the same time. i went to the isle where the engine oils and engine coolants were, i got the best one for my truck. and on my way to the front deask i passed by the battery isle and to my surprise i bumped into this whole shelf of Duralast gold and Duralast platinum!!! it was like seeing something travel from the past and magically appear right before your eyes. i got pretty mad inside thinking that i was ripped off on my warranty and lied to. i fixed the leak and filled my coolant and went home mad. I went home and did my research on the battery's and never did the 27-DLG stop being manufactured. i felt really cheated out on my money. i take it as theft, as a way to rip ff customers of their money. but i don't think i can ever trust auto-zone ever again.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Place is really friendly looking
- Clean store
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Duralast 27-Dlg Battery
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Ive purchased several tires from best used in the past, as I am a rural mail carrier and go through a lot of tires. In April I purchased a set..."
- "I purchased a so called Custom Bagger Kit from Bag Boyz Customs !!! I wondered why they didn't have more pics of finished products on their website, but was assured..."
- "Awful customer service, neither the manager nor the employee were able to help me on getting the right transmission fluid for my toyota...."
- "I was told the firat 5 times regardless of weight i would recieve $50 but after 5 hours of being there stuck 3 times and then very bruised afterwards i..."
- "DiskDigger is often a data recovery software solution for all users that recouping your deleted or prepared files through the storage media associated with your operating system, which include various..."
- "Iready is a website that is "educational" for children. Not true! This website is just an excuse to make money as the website is very glitchy and VERY poorly made!..."
- "Over the last three months my head has been left spinning trying to first inquire, then complain and finally to "educate" the people who answer the phone at Express Scripts...."
- "My ferret went in to get his teeth cleaned and a tooth pulled, and never came out. The Doctor kept saying it was because of his age. It was because..."
- "This was my first Tractor I purchased . Prior to the purchase I never heard of AZ Tractor. I cannot say enough about the service I got with my..."