Dushore, Pennsylvania

Hi ! A little about me.

I am a 67 years old retired tech. I worked for Penske Truck Leasing as a supervisor for Allison trans and Detroit diesel. I traveled many states teaching mechanics on latest updates. I worked as a mechanic since I was 16 yrs.

old. I owned my own business over 10 years and operated my garage on a military base with a civilian contract. You are a respected parts vendor. I had an experience with an Auto Zone associate that I feel you need to know about.

DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT , HOWEVER HAVE A REP STOP IN AT YOUR OLEAN N.Y. STORE THERE IS AN EMPLOYEE WITH A VERY BAD ATTITUDE. HE HAS A LONG BEARD AND INSULTED A YOUNG LADY LOOKING FOR HELP WITH A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT. SHE LEFT RECEIVING NO ASSISTANCE.

HE LOOKED AT ME AND SAID "WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?" I TOLD HIM I NEEDED REAR BRAKE LINING FOR A 1999 JEEP GRAND CHEEOKEE. HE ASKED IF I HAD THE OLD BRAKE LINES TO MATCH UP . I EXPLAINEDI NEED BRAKE LINING NOT BRAKE LINES .HE SAID " OH, YOU ARE OLD SCHOOL" AND THE REST OF THE COUNTER STAFF BEGAIN TO LAUGH. THEN HE SAID "NOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAME IN FOR ?" OK, !!!!

I DONT THINK ANY FURTHER WORDS ARE NECESSARY. I LEFT WITHOUT MAKING A PURCHASE AND WENT RIGHT TO ADVANCE AUTO AND MADE MY PURCHASE. HEY GUYS AND GIRLS I AM FAR FROM PERFECT. BUT IF THIS EMPLOYEE WORKED FOR ME, WELL YOU KNOW WHAT THE OUTCOME WOULD BE .

I THINK YOU ARE A VERY PROFESSTIONAL CORP. LIKE I SAID DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT. JUST EXPERIENCE IT FOR YOURSELF.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND UNDERSTANDING. ERIC

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

sometimes customers come in all mad and they deal with people pissed off all day because of this happening and don't stop to think how or why this guy of that guy is angry but just stop and think about how you would react if someone was always putting up with that attitude. everyone has a breaking point>

I just googled brake linings for a 99 grand Cherokee and nothing comes up. Not sure if you are referring to pads or what but you are at least partially to blame for your inconvenience.

You should not be picking on him. He is not a mechanic.

Heck he probably could not spell it!!! He is limited by his inability to learn and to get along with others. You did right in how you handled it. That clerk and and his so called co workers will always be in those positions in life because they do want to achieve better things.

They are IDIOTS, glad you went elsewhere to find your parts and as for Autozone, what goes around comes around. He is just a small person in a large world.

AutoZone Reviews