Goldsboro, North Carolina

OK so after 1 year and 4 months of employment with AutoZone (#3904) Mr Donnie Byrd (DM) and Mr George Graham (SM) decide that on a Friday when the schedule is supposed to be approved and printed by then, that they will just tell me the days I'm supposed to work (2 days) after the huge hour cut for all our stores here in Eastern NC. Was told to be there Tuesday and Friday.

I picked up side work after the hour cuts came and took me from 35 hours to 8 so I was out of town on a job all weekend and Monday. Now keep in mind I never saw a APPROVED schedule. On That Monday morning a CUSTOMER called me to let me know that I was supposed to be at work at 9 am. Now no one called me and informed me of a change in schedule!

Not over the weekend or even Monday morning .....they had no intention of telling me. I had over a year accumulated points for family emergencies and lets face it they are real generous handing those out especially on a weekend but my family comes before they do and I told them that. Worst write up I had out of the 2 was a bad PHONE SHOP. As others have mentioned if you DO NOT SELL you are expendable it seems.

Check out challenges and Witt hits are what they care about. Not service. George Graham however can take 2 hour lunch breaks and never see a write up though. Donnie Byrd does nothing but bark orders and play on the phone while at the store and never gets disciplinary action from Craig (RM) I still have friends working at that store that are now facing the same treatment I have.

Its not right.

I have reported this all to The Employment Security Commission who is now taking over my case and has hired me an attorney. This possibly is going to be a suit for wrongful termination.

Product or Service Mentioned: Autozone Customer Care.

Comments