Los Angeles, California
9.6K views

I bought a new battery on 09/13/2011. My battery had died, I got the car started and took it to Autozone to have it tested.

They said the battery was dead but still under warranty(was purchased at the same store). I didn't have the receipt at the moment and they couldn't find me in the computer so I was told to take the battery with me and come back with the receipt and I would get most of the money I paid back. I found the receipt and took the battery back to the store on Saturday 09/17/2011. There was a different mgr name Jennifer there.

I told her what happened and she said why would you do that, that was ***. She was so rude and she couldn't find my information in the computer even with the receipt. She was saying look there is nothing in there. She acted as if I had done something wrong.

I left and am going to go back and speak with the manager who was there when I bought the new battery.

My granddaughter was with me and it was a bad experience for both of us. I forgot to mention the mgr was texting and looking at her phone while supposedly helping me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Autozone Manager.

Comments

Having the same problem in Newton NC. I buy there Marine Batterirs for my bass boat, Three at a time. They can't find my warranty info in the computer, I was told to bring my receit back. Don't have it,I guess I was relying to much on there computer.

I say BS. First a battery does not just go bad in four days.

Second you most likely had an alternator problem. The battery drained because it was not being charged by the alternator. Third after four days the receipt information is in the system and can be pulled up by any Autozone.

I have had customers scream and yell that they bought an Autozone battery then shut up after I show them the receipt reads "Advance Autoparts" or has a big Walmart label on the battery.

@Anonymous

Try reading it again! It doesn't say the battery died in four days, it says I took the receipt back within four days.

BTW...it WAS an Autozone battery and amazingly when I went back to the store manager somehow he was able to find me in the computer and I got a 90% refund after all that hassle and of course no apologies for my trouble. P.S.

I did not scream at anyone but I sure won't purchase anything there again. Poor customer service!

#492088

Sorry to here that. I bought a battery in Ohio that went dead on me.

I couldn't recall where the battery was bought but I knew autozone tested batteries for free. So I took my battery there and found out it was defective. The manager asked for my number for what I assumed was to get me in the system for a new battery purchase. He asked me for an old number since he couldn't find me in the system with my new number.

I get it. I like to take short cuts and avoid typing all the new information in so I gave him my old number. He found me in the system and then handed me the new battery. I gave him a crazy look because he forgot to take my money.

When asked, he said that is our battery. It is under warranty so you owe me nothing.

Wow! He could have charged me and I would not have known any difference.

#492085

Sorry to here that. I bought a battery in Ohio that went dead on me.

Wow! He could have charged me and I would not have known any difference.

#492073

Bummer dude. Just appeal that one with higher management in a polite fashion and I'm sure they will fix you up.

#492072