Albuquerque, New Mexico

last month, I was taken to Las Vegas, as a gift, we saved up and payed for all the trip ahead of time, we are both disabled and on a very limited income, well we got there and it was hot, 106 and 107 degrees, well our car started having charging problems, so I went to an Auto Zone on Maryland ave. I believe it was, I purchased an alternator and I had it installed when I dropped a nut on top of the engine, I already had burns from the waist up from the removal and installation, so I went into the store to just buy another nut, the counter man told me that my alternator was good, he tested it three times, I was convinced that, the alternator was the problem, but the counterman with all that testing equipment was telling me I was wrong, so I asked them to get me a battery ready and I went out to remove the new alternator and re-install my old one, this was my first days out of my sling, I had, had rotator cuff surgery, and I was supposed to be in the sling, buy I wanted to enjoy my first Las Vegas Nevada trip, well the store sold me the wrong battery, so I had to keep carrying batteries back and forth, if they are supposed to help customers there with carrying and installation of battery's, I did not get any of that help, many hours after I got there, I finally started the car and drove away, THINKING the problem is solved, we left to head back to New Mexico and a Grand daughters birthday party, and our car stopped running while going down the freeway, we were finally towed to a town, ended up spending the whole weekend in Arizona, found out my tow truck driver took his time getting to me, his boss owned U-Haul, motel, café and towing and auto repair shop in the town of Seligman AZ, and they figured to take their time fixing my car, on Monday I rented a U-Haul truck and dolly and got us out of there, back home in new mexico, I took the car to a trusted mechanic, and they told me that I had a bad alternator.

so I was right at the start, and I had the correct part installed. now we are both disabled and on limited income, after we left the auto zone parking lot, till I got the car back from the mechanic cost us over $1400.00, money we don't have, and I contacted the district manager for Las Vegas Nevada, he seems to be trying to help, but the auto zone claims department has told me to go *** up a tree, it was my own fault for believing the counterman at their store, who said he tested my alternator, with their equipment and that it was good, I had heard good things about Auto Zone, I was *** to believe them, NAPA has never lied to me, I pay a little more for parts, but they are honest and stand by their parts and people.

Product or Service Mentioned: Autozone Auto Part.

Reason of review: tyou screwed me.

AutoZone Cons: How you treat people.

Comments