last month, I was taken to Las Vegas, as a gift, we saved up and payed for all the trip ahead of time, we are both disabled and on a very limited income, well we got there and it was hot, 106 and 107 degrees, well our car started having charging problems, so I went to an Auto Zone on Maryland ave.I believe it was, I purchased an alternator and I had it installed when I dropped a nut on top of the engine, I already had burns from the waist up from the removal and installation, so I went into the store to just buy another nut, the counter man told me that my alternator was good, he tested it three times, I was convinced that, the alternator was the problem, but the counterman with all that testing equipment was telling me I was wrong, so I asked them to get me a battery ready and I went out to remove the new alternator and re-install my old one, this was my first days out of my sling, I had, had rotator cuff surgery, and I was supposed to be in the sling, buy I wanted to enjoy my first Las Vegas Nevada trip, well the store sold me the wrong battery, so I had to keep carrying batteries back and forth, if they are supposed to help customers there with carrying and installation of battery's, I did not get any of that help, many hours after I got there, I finally started the car and drove away, THINKING the problem is solved, we left to head back to New Mexico and a Grand daughters birthday party, and our car stopped running while going down the freeway, we were finally towed to a town, ended up spending the whole weekend in Arizona, found out my tow truck driver took his time getting to me, his boss owned U-Haul, motel, café and towing and auto repair shop in the town of Seligman AZ, and they figured to take their time fixing my car, on Monday I rented a U-Haul truck and dolly and got us out of there, back home in new mexico, I took the car to a trusted mechanic, and they told me that I had a bad alternator.

so I was right at the start, and I had the correct part installed.now we are both disabled and on limited income, after we left the auto zone parking lot, till I got the car back from the mechanic cost us over $1400.00, money we don't have, and I contacted the district manager for Las Vegas Nevada, he seems to be trying to help, but the auto zone claims department has told me to go *** up a tree, it was my own fault for believing the counterman at their store, who said he tested my alternator, with their equipment and that it was good, I had heard good things about Auto Zone, I was *** to believe them, NAPA has never lied to me, I pay a little more for parts, but they are honest and stand by their parts and people.

This person wrote the review because of "tyou screwed me" of autozone auto part from Autozone. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1430 and wants Autozone to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was how you treat people. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Autozone for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Autozone?

Comments