26.5K views

im a red shirt at autozone and to those customers who think autozone treats you bad and rips you off, your not alone. They do it to the employees also!

And you know all those ANNOYING questions we ask you when your just trying to check out like "We have llucas on sale right now" and "Two flashlights for $5 now too" we dont want to ask you and bother you with tring to sell you extra stuff you didnt come in for!!!! Its called a "Check Out Challenge" and we must sell a ton a day like 12 or else we get yelled at all the time and hours get cut, ive also been threatened to be FIRED if i dont push more and sell them. The wittdtjr "what it takes to do the job right" stuff we HAVE to push on you like the greases by the register is the same way. Autozone doesnt eveluate their employees by performance or attendance or even how they treat their customers.

They evaluate us by how much of that stuff we sell. Its horrible. Im currently lookingn for a nother job because im NOT a sales person and im not getting comission! im just being harrassed and hounded everyday!

they do nothing but worry bout how many COC we sell! thats all autozone cares about! THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU THE CUSTOMERS OR US THE EMPLOYEES!!!!!!!!! THERE A HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!!!

i cant wait to see them go under!!!!!!!!!! AUTOZONE treats everybody like complete sh#t!

Comments

If you're trying to get your W-2s then you must unlock pop-up blocker for that site or you will not be able to get in. Had the same problem. I got mine today and print them out

to Former redshirt.i was assaulte #1431875

What site and how? Im having a problem trying to even figure out were to start to get it. Thabks for help

If you don't like sales, get another job. I don't understand someone working in an industry that is not compatible with you. Folks can't get mad at companies who have expectations!!

#1420129

Plus a manger had 11 points and was to open store at 715 am and was 2HRS late that would have gave him 12 points but someone re did his time and he was on time and I'm late a bunch of ***

#1420128

You know I work at a store in Akron Ohio and I go though the same *** and I'm part time andd my hours get cut all the time to where I go to other store to get more hours.But the store keeps hiring more and more people.

is It legal to cut your hours when going over 40

to Anonymous #1418276

Of course it is

I have worked for AZ for 5 years. Recently transfered to a hub driver.

I agree somewhat.

I feel if we sell more ro a customer there should be a bonus of some sort. Now being a hub driver i would not get the benefits, But before hand Would had been nice..

This is so true. Your worth is based entirely on WITT scores in your store.

You can be a good sales person and still have low Witt. It's a terrible way to go about ranking and thinking of your employees.

I work for autozone as well and it freaking sucks!!! They have me doing the exact same thing. If I offer something the customers don't want it a psm will offer it again and tell me "want me to do the job for you or what"

I was looking for options in my benefits for az, came across this page. I got intrigued and read some comments.

It seems as though some might need schooling on punctuation.

Either way, I'm a red shirt at an AZ and enjoy the *** out of it. I'm a hub driver so I guess I lucked out. But I will say this. Autozone seems to hire people who are just lazy.

Calling in, making excuses after excuses.

Any job sucks.

It is called work. Just deal with it, get better at it or find an easier job.

to Anonymous #1388267

Your a driver (hub non the less) you don't do jack *** and your treated like gold for doing something a 16 year old can do.. You definitely lucked out and have no idea what your talking about

to Ab #1402209

AB, your not exactly correct about Hub Drivers. I'm a red shirt at an AZ Hub store.

The drivers ARE expected to meet a standard of deliveries within a set (corporate set) time frame and deal with customers IF the need arises. Same for hub order pullers.

All in all, as with ANY job, it depends on the particular store. Some are run like crap.

Some are run well.

There is no law requiring you or anyone to work at a specific store or company. If you or anyone is having it rough at your current job/position/store, find somewhere else to work.

to AZ Puller #1450893

I work at a hub store too.I love my job.I can do store front,commercial and hub.I hate dealing with *** at times but there are always the good customers that will treat you good.Oh and on that stupid stuff we sell to do the job right lol yeah it's crazy.if I'm not happy at the store I work for I'll just transfer to another store.cool thing is if you want more hours find another store that needs help on your days off.

to Ab #1428460

Been there done that (hub)......

Not as easy as you think

I work for Autozone for 4 years . I just quit .

I was a commercial sales manager and grew sales as much as 78%. I tanbtje department and had to tolerate an under achieving store manager. He did things that were against policy and LP issues . I tried to work it out but was bullied and made fun off .

Autozone's upper management is poor at best .

They did not want to hear about why I was leaving . I left to work for a competitor

Danvers, Illinois, United States #1284914

costumers and former employees of autozone. you are not alone.

I was a grey shirt for autozone and was treated like ***.

I kept covering for my manager and then when I stopped I went from 25-40 hours a week down to 15 hours a week and I was management. i'm still trying to get my w-2s from them now, so I can file

Lost my business price gouging

inexperienced counter people

Profits before people

Chinese junk

Free trade agreement

Thanks Bill "***"Clinton OBama care So employees don't get 40 hrs a week so employers don't have to pay health ins

to dtgm Sterling Heights, Michigan, United States #1294996

That was not mandated by either of them. A full-time employee is defined as working on average at least 30 hours of service per week in a given month.

God forbid a multi-million dollar co. like AZ would offer health benefits for FT employees.

Maybe everyone should just work for free? Hopefully people like you will be the first to undertake making a FT job into volunteer work.

I hear You! It's the same with us to.

They even want us to "slide" it. Which is horrible. But i have 2 kids to support Im single. I have to do what i have to do.

But regardless if they dont want it. You get yelled at