Webster, Texas

I went to auto to buy shoes and pads for my car because thats what i thought i needed. Well it turns out i didn't so i wanted to bring them back for a refund so i could buy the right stuff.

The manager Stan S at store 4232 was extremely mad and started cursing up a storm. He was throwing things on to the counter and ripped the stuff out of the bag and slammed it down while grunting and sighing, I honestly thought he was going to break them or something. He said that i was an *** and i shouldn't have bought something i didn't need! (like i did it on purpose)???

and then he printed out my receipt and threw it down on the counter in front of me and then stormed off to the back room. There was another employee there who was super nice and apologized for his behavior.

I honestly felt bad that she had to stay there with him and his horrible attitude and language.

i will never shop here again. I would honestly put up with O'Reilly's before i ever stepped foot back in there.

Product or Service Mentioned: Autozone Manager.

Comments

#1720078

Job Description - Practices GOTTChA and assists with the installation of wipers blades, batteries and light bulbs

The management obviously isn't savvy enough to know Customers report incidents, and managers are easily to replace.

The founder would be upset, the one return may be worth more repeat business than to carry on.

Talent here is obviously not in place

If there is a problem with any part. Call the corp.

office. all returns go against store managers bonus. Most parts are cheaper to buy at wal mart. Nappa has a lot better parts.

all auto zone corp wants is to keep the stock holder happy. there stock sells for 400.00 a share. all there parts are made in china, mexico or india. all U.S.

jobs gone. the auto zone goal keep the stock holders happy.

sell junk as costly. it your dime.

Autozone employees are not mechanics therefore don't come into our store talking about oh do u know why my car is doing this such and such .. We don't get paid enough to solve ur mechanical problems !

Also if you don't know ur engine size .. Why do you get mad at us ?! That's ur own personal problem ! and if u are a grown man and expect us to change ur battery for you !

.. That's just embarrassing !!

@Anonymous autozone

Poor customer service on your end! how do you work at a auto parts store and have no knowledge of any vehicle ?

#1720025
@Anonymous

AZ employees are paid for being retail clerks and not mechanics. Hey Anonymous - Most customers don't know what kind of car they drive. So, why would they know what size engine is their car ( Typical Troll from Big Box Store Management )

I can't stand AutoZone anymore. Every store I go to the ppl working there are always either joking around with each other or messing around on their cell phones and won't acknowledge you until you say "excuse me" and even then they act disinterested (until they are trying to upsell you with accessories for a job/part they otherwise know nothing about).

One employee argued with me about needing RTV for my thermostat housing; when I told him that not every housing needs it, he told me that you ALWAYS need silicone for a t-stat, BULL. They also never want to scan my rewards card for some reason..

I never spend less than $100 when I go in there and have even had the card in my hand holding it over the counter, and not until they tell me the total and I ask "can you scan my rewards card please" do they take the time to scan it. I never liked Kragen, but I've noticed that since it became O'reilley's they are much more focused on customer service and AZ will now be my last choice after them and Napa.

horrible customer service and employes do not know there parts all they know is how to punch keys on key board no clue whats so ever I recently purchased parts at lincoln heights store in los angeles and found parts to be of inferior to oem so i returned them when i returned them they treated me like a criminal asking if parts where used when you could clearly see they were brand new.every time i go in to that store theres a problem especially there manager what a rude person dont shop auto zone. I would rather buy oem and get the right part the first time not like autozone where you buy the part install it the part does not work return part and do this about 3 or 4 times untill one of there parts work DONT SHOP AT AUTO ZONE

Call the number written by customer. As long as a claim is not fraud coporate will take the customers side and more than likely give you a $25 dollar gift card.

If you were treated poorly, and from the sound of your post you were, please contact the region office for that store and they will make it right. AutoZone works hard to make sure they provide proper customer service.

Give them the chance to not only fix it for you, but for the next person as well.

Their region office for store 4232 is 281-397-8116. Please call.

AutoZone Reviews