Bealeton, Virginia

Replaced the old water pump on our 2003 GMC Envoy on December 2011 with a DURALAST water pump at a cost of $467. After only 2200 miles it started leaking, so took it to the repair shop and the water pump had to be replaced at a cost of $384.

This Duralast was obviously defective, and in my honest opinion no one should buy a Duralast.

The repair shop gave us a credit for the old water pump as it was still under the one year warranty, but the water pump was cheap compared to the cost of labor. Check with your repair shop that they are NOT using DURALAST products in your car.

Comments

If it had a one-year warranty it sounds like you bought the Cheep value craft not the Dura last

duralast has a life time warranty. Best way to go if your on a budget as most OEM products are only a year warranty.

I had to bring back a part once and there wasn't an issue. Left happy.

@Anonymous

I PUT ONE IN THREE YEARS AGO AND IT JUST FAILED BUT THE GMC CANYON HAS THIS ISSUE SO I DEAL WITH IT IT A 2008 AND I HAVE GONE THROUGH 2 WATER PUMPS THIS IS THE SECOND ONE I DID THE DURA LAST AND SEEMS TO WORK OUT JUST FINE BUT I DO THE WORK MYSELF

BJAllen

I need to retract my Autozone complaint. I contacted Autozone Headquarters about the AWP-9234 water paump that failed after 2200 miles, and they put me in touch with the District Manager.

The District Manager contacted the repair shop and convinced them that we deserved a refund on the cost of labor. The District Manager for Autozone stated that they stand behind their products and it should not have failed as soon as it did, and we should not have been charged the full amount to repair and replace. The repair shop gave us a full refund, and AUTOZONE picked up the bill at their own expense.

:) It pays to fight back when you feel that a repair shop is doing you wrong, and to question the manufacturer about their product. Tell the truth and it shall set you free.

AutoZone Reviews