Decatur, Illinois
1.4

i recently had my ball joints replaced. the lower passenger ball joint attaching nut failed while driving straight down the road at 45 mph causing me to blow a tire bend a control arm tear a crack into the frame and possibly bent the frame.

all of this while barely missing a power pole. i took pictures of everything. they gave me a replacement ball joint and i got another one from another competitors store. upon comparison the ball joint its self is very similar but the nut is noticeably different in size and hardness(grade) compared to their competitors brand.

I have filed a complaint with Autozone and also have submitted a report to the national highway traffic safety administration for investigation and review. I am thankful that it didn't happen while driving down the highway otherwise something more could have happened to me my vehicle or someone else.

Most of the repair shops say they will not repair the frame but recommend a new one costing more than the vehicle is valued at so, in other words my vehicle is totaled out because they had "poor" engineering decisions made and cut corners to save a few cents and putting on their shelves an inferior part that should be considered unsafe for anyone to use. Revise this design Autozone and pay for my vehicle

Product or Service Mentioned: Autozone Auto Part.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

AutoZone Cons: Quality.

Comments

you get what you pay for, you want to be cheap and buy cheaper parts. then complain about them being cheaper quality,

I bought ball joints from autozone and the nuts were a LOT smaller and thinner than OEM. So I used the OEM nuts. The seals broke apart in a year.

AutoZone Reviews