2.4K views

I went to AUTOZONE and bought a car jack from a location in Pelam, AL.When I made it home about 100 miles away in Prattvile, AL, I realized that the jack was too small.

When I went to the AUTOZONE in Prattville, the store manager told me that his store wasn't accepting returns not bought at his store. He suggested that I drive 200 miles to and from the Pelam AUTOZONE to get my refund. I thought that AUTOZONE was a franchise where a person could return unused items with a receipt, but obvisiously they have very poor customer service. Now I'm basically stuck with a car jack that I don't even need.

I even call the SE Regional AUTOZONE Customer Service (District Manager's Office) to dispute the problem and his receptionist assured me that he would give me a call in which he never did. Again poor customer service. I was wondering if I had bought the jack from Oriley or Walmart would I've been able to return an unused item-with receipt.......YES I COULD at any of their locations. AUTOZONE suck.

I seriously recommend not shopping at AUTOZONE.

Had an Experience with Autozone?

Comments

I have returned stuff from different autozones a bunch of times. They get really irritated though. Not exactly why but they do.

Well I don't know all of the particulars, but if you had a jack with its original packaging and receipt and it was in an unused condition, you would certainly be welcome to a return in any AutoZone within 90 days after purchase.But AutoZone's main concern is customer service, so you should have gotten your return regardless of the particulars.

Even without recepit, AutoZone Jacks have Duralast stamped on them and we stick behind our products, good or bad. So you still should have gotten a return. Jacks only have a one year warranty I believe, but duralast tools there are basically craftsman tools. You just bring them in if they're busted, and you get a free one as long as the right name is stamped on the side.

The store manager there was out of line if he didn't issue you a refund for an unused duralast product regardless or receipt. If you found out the jack was the wrong size after you beat it up trying to jack your car up....

that's another story.By offical warranty/return regulations you would be SOL, but by AutoZone's outstanding customer service regulations, you should have gotten a refund anyways.

It also says on the back of the receipt that autozone reserves the right to refuse a return regardless of receipt..

Why does "Jason" feel the need to comment more than once. Nobody cared about his opinion the first time...

Who cares box or no box,receipt or no receipt take care of the customer.Why do u store managers make it so hard for our customers to do a return?

AZ wants u to take care of the customer. Just do it. My god u don't own the store, Az has u there as a store manager to take care of our customers. Have u ever read the bottom of your paycheck stub when u print it up?

It say's "This check is made possible by another satisfied AZ customer." I don't know why u store managers,asm and psm don't get it. TAKE CARE OF THE CUSTOMER..it doesn't cost u a penny. That's what AutoZone wants. What so hard about that?

Less headaches for u happy customers and your DM will never come down on you for taking care of the customer. Why do u complicate your job and *** yourself off and your customers.

I don't understand u guys.YOU DON"T OWN THAT AUTOZONE STORE!!!

If you are still wanting to return the unused jack please contact me and i will help you get in touch with the right people. I work at the AutoZone corporate office as the internet investigator. scott.koch@autozoone.com

:grin :grin :grin

suck hard femal doug

If the jack was too small, why didn't you just tell them you wanted to return it and purchase a larger jack.Hmmm, maybe the "unused" jack had signs of use: grease in the cradle, newly painted wheels all scared up from concrete?

I mean, you still needed a jack, didn't you?Or, did the original jack take care of the job?

first i am sorry about your prob with that az...unfort, i work in the indianapolis region....

i can tell you that if it was here, within an hour of closing we might not have had the cash for a refund, but it would have been taken the following day. esp unused still in the box....

if u ever have a prob with your local stores employees, then ask for the store mgr, if your not taken care of, then ask for the dist mgr. if no luck there then go for the regional, and then devisional mgrs. per company rules if someone ask for our bosses names, we have to give it.if all else fales contact the home office in memphis tn.

i can tell u that if your situation happened here.people woul have been written up and or fired for this.