2.0
Poster increased review rating.

I purchased a NEW water pump online for my Subaru and made an appointment at a local repair shop with a certified Subaru mechanic. The mechanic installed the Auto Zone Duralast NEW water pump but then noted it was bad and leaking which required removal and installation of another NEW water pump.

The repair shop ordered the new part, installed it and my car or working perfectly now. I contacted Auto Zone customer service and spoke with Tania Reyes (Tania.Reyes@autozone.com) who I was told is a supervisor. She informed me that Auto Zone would refund the bad part and pay for the additional labor that I incurred. She told me to send her a copy of the repair bill which she would forward to the correct people for review.

Finally after numerous calls and emails I was told they were issuing me a return tag via FedEx so they could inspect the part.

I promptly sent the part back and the follow week I was issued a credit on my card for the cost of the water pump but no compensation for the extra labor charges. No one will return my emails and they seem to be playing hot potato with my phone calls.

Product or Service Mentioned: Autozone Car Water Pump.

Preferred solution: Reimbursement of the $688 that I was told form customer service that I would get!.

AutoZone Pros: Sales.

AutoZone Cons: Way i was treated, Refused to honor warranty, That they only were interested in my money, Quality.

Comments