Midlothian, Virginia

I DROVE my car to Autozone today to have my battery & alternator tested due to a faulty alternator code.An employee came outside with me & placed his tester behind my battery leads & advised me that my alternator is perfect but my battery is DEAD???

WHAT?? My battery is dead yet I was still able to start my car & drive it across town?? How did I restart it when we got back outside to test it?? How did I restart it to leave the parking lot??

This employee then advised me that the alternator powers the car & not the battery!! He claimed that I needed to come in & buy a battery ASAP!! He never even tested the alternator!! Now, he messed up when he thought he could get away with it because I'm a female!!

I obviously know how a car works better than the employees of auto zone!! So here I am, still starting & driving my car around town with a DEAD BATTERY!! I must have magic that I'm unaware of that powers up the car & alternator!!! Watch me start my car & drive off with my DEAD BATTERY!!!

Maybe next time I can come in with a missing engine!!SMFH

Review about: Battery & Alternator Testing.

Turnaround Time
Service Scheduling
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Autozone?

Comments

Your battery could've had a bad cell.Those testers put a load on whatever they're testing to see if it's giving out enough juice.

If the tester said bad then your battery is dying if not dead already.Don't be a *** unless you know forsure what you're talking about.

The gadget AutoZone uses checks the voltage from alternator by plugging in the battery terminals.If the battery is dead or under undercharged, you will not be able to get a reading on the alternator.

The car does run on the alternator not the battery.Maybe so some research before bashing people for doing there job!

to Anonymous Pascagoula, Mississippi, United States #1183319

So true the alternator does run the vehicle , WHEN IT IS STARTED FROM THE BATTERY, absolutely foolish to say your battery is dead, maybe weak and dying but not dead, its all in the wording.

to Anonymous #1184411

The guy read what the machine told him plain and simple.You can have a battery with a dead or weak cell and it will still start the car.

Kinda like having cancer but not dead yet, get that?My god...Why didn't you go to a shop a pay the $95 diagnosis?