Autozone Vehicle Inspection Review from Midlothian, Virginia

43 of 498 Autozone reviews

I DROVE my car to Autozone today to have my battery & alternator tested due to a faulty alternator code.An employee came outside with me & placed his tester behind my battery leads & advised me that my alternator is perfect but my battery is DEAD???

WHAT?? My battery is dead yet I was still able to start my car & drive it across town?? How did I restart it when we got back outside to test it?? How did I restart it to leave the parking lot??

This employee then advised me that the alternator powers the car & not the battery!! He claimed that I needed to come in & buy a battery ASAP!! He never even tested the alternator!! Now, he messed up when he thought he could get away with it because I'm a female!!

I obviously know how a car works better than the employees of auto zone!! So here I am, still starting & driving my car around town with a DEAD BATTERY!! I must have magic that I'm unaware of that powers up the car & alternator!!! Watch me start my car & drive off with my DEAD BATTERY!!!

Maybe next time I can come in with a missing engine!!SMFH

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
43 of 498 Autozone reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 24 #1189180

Your battery could've had a bad cell. Those testers put a load on whatever they're testing to see if it's giving out enough juice. If the tester said bad then your battery is dying if not dead already. Don't be a *** unless you know forsure what you're talking about.

Jun 02 #1167899

The gadget AutoZone uses checks the voltage from alternator by plugging in the battery terminals. If the battery is dead or under undercharged, you will not be able to get a reading on the alternator. The car does run on the alternator not the battery. Maybe so some research before bashing people for doing there job!

1 0 Reply

Jul 10 #1183319 Pascagoula, Mississippi, United States

So true the alternator does run the vehicle , WHEN IT IS STARTED FROM THE BATTERY, absolutely foolish to say your battery is dead, maybe weak and dying but not dead, its all in the wording.

Jul 12 #1184411

The guy read what the machine told him plain and simple. You can have a battery with a dead or weak cell and it will still start the car. Kinda like having cancer but not dead yet, get that? My god...Why didn't you go to a shop a pay the $95 diagnosis?

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Autozone. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Autozone.
Filing a new complaint about
×