Wayland, Michigan
2.8

I had a short in my Porsche and testing showed it was outside of the fuse box. I took the alternator to Autozone and it failed all three of their tests.

I was sold a new one and it turns out the old one was fine. By the time I found the problem (starter) the battery was still draining. I took it to Autozone (Optima Red) and told them the former owner bought it there and it was still under warranty. They charged for 2 hours and told me it was fine.

I looked for the short for another week before I decided to have the battery tested again. This time a Advance Auto and O' Reillys. It failed in both places. It turned out the battery was purchased from O'Reillys who honored the warranty and replaced the $250 battery for free.

I contacted the manager, Paul in the Wayland MI store and he told me he would make this right financially for the alternator and to give him a couple of days, he would call back. He never did and when I called him 5 days later he said that my problem was on the bottom of his stack of things to do. I told him I was very disappointed and would take my business elsewhere.

I maintain 8 cars for my family and use to buy all my parts from Autozone. Never again

Product or Service Mentioned: Alternator.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

AutoZone Cons: Incompetent testing of alternator and battery.

Comments

#1196420

I am sorry that you feel that way. When you purchase a vehicle from someone , the warranty through Autozone is not transferable hence the meaning limited lifetime warranty.

How do you think a business can stay in business if they give away free items to everyone that never really purchased it in the first place?

Also Paul is a great store manager and I had the privledge and honor to work with him. If he says he will make it right he will make it right, these things take time and approval from the DM.

AutoZone Reviews