Well I work at autozone, and I think it sucks it's *** pay for the work that comes along with this job. I am a manager at a undisclosed location! I agree with who ever above wrote the statement about being written up and punished for basically everything. But I would like to express a few things first.
1. WE ARE A PARTS STORE NOT A MECHANIC SHOP.
2. People think because we sell parts we are able to wham fix and diagnose your rattle that's coming from you glove box.
3. I am ASE certified in parts but not some slum *** bag that has to slave away at your demands. People who come in are rude as *** to autozone employees. That is why you probably got treated like *** you get respect when it is given.
4. We read off a screen when ordering parts, we have ZERO control if you don't get a part on time.
5. Reason why most people have to come back in multiple trips is because A. You don't want to take the autozoners advice and make it a complete job and buy everything you need in one shot. B. Your knowledge is farrrrrrrr greater than the 18 year old kid working and reading off a screen designed to help YOU the consumer.
6. My complaint is that the regional managers only care about they're bonus and could give a *** about what goes on at the store level unless they are not making quota.
All in all autozone has it's ups and downs, it's not the best but the " service " you can get hopefully and advice and help is usually cheaper than going to a dealership or mechanic to get it fixed but then again no one has a weapon forcing you to go, the consumer makes that choice not the employee. Don't get me wrong I have witnessed people at my work say the complexity wrong thing to a customer and let them walk out but people learn and get better and that's what makes America great. Have a good day I just wanted to drop a little knowledge on you folks.