Stony Brook, New York

I have read some of these posts and I can't understand all these problems.

I have been a auto mechanic for 15 years its seems to me you are relying on the AutoZone to make a diagnoses, they just sell parts if you want a proper fix make sure you have the right disgnoses.

If you plan on working on your own car, you should have some kind of general knowledge on auto repair. Just remember your family rides in that car you just repaired, so it better be repaired correctly.. I you don't know how to fix it don't touch it.

Comments

Yes. I've been shopping at Autozone for over 10 years.

I have never had bad experience with returns or warranty issues. Maybe because I don't change phone numbers every 2 years. Anyway, I find it funny sometimes that those guys will give advices or recommendations which they don't have a single clue about. One recommended that I change my spark plugs every year.

Are u shietting me? These are $15 a peice double platinum NGK iridium plugs not the cheap $2 copper plugs. Or I have a random misfire code and he recommended a fuel cleaner. Listen I do not use walmart gas and use premium only.

He said it don't matter. Sound like an unqualified doctor prescribing cold medicine for a flu. It has nothing to do with my fuel or injector. But I bought it anyways since it was $2 off.

Actually made my car run rich and now caused my catalytic converter to clogged up from the unburned fuel. So as far as parts go, I buy from them because they provide lifetime warranty. Too bad for them I keep my cars for more than 5 years.

But I wouldn't ask them any mechanical repairs question. Get the parts and find advice elsewhere.

After reading through all the crazy Autozone hate posts and horrible grammar, i was glad to see this post. I dont mind providing our free diagnostic services, but its agrivating when people look at me wanting an exact price and what itll cost to fix an issue from pulling codes.

I am NOT a mechanic. I was a mechanic for two different shops before, small mom and pop shops where i learned alot. I dont know as much as qualified mechanic, but i was kept around because i worked my butt off. Im good at turning a wrench, but just good, im not exceptional like a life time mechanic, and i also dont make a mechanics wage.

Ill help with anything i can as far as i can due to liability....and as long as the customer isnt demanding answers.

Id just like to thank you and the other commenters for the posts, its nice to know there are still rational people in this world still. Thanks guys

i am an experienced mech. been working on cars since 12.

work on a # of customer cars a week and bought many bad parts ffrom autozone. but i am at this moment working on my personal vehicle and was in disbelief to find the ball joint i replaced from az in the past spring was about to fall off. but nothing wrong with part but the supplied hardware that came with it (didnt like replacing large rivets with tiny bolts to hold wheel on any how) turns out the threads ripped out of 2 of the nuts. this could have been fatal to me and i routinely carry a 2 yr old in car with me.

i understand that a bad part can slip thru on occasion but feel when it could cost a life it should be held to strictest standards. and no i didnt cheap out, bought higher priced one, not $well spent :(

Chad

Could not agree more, I understand that people are trying to save money, but you should not rely on a retail employee to properly diagnose, and certainly not repair, your automobile. Sure some of the employees are capable mechanics, but by far the majority of them are not. Do you really want to take that chance with something that travels at high speeds, carrying you and your loved ones?

I have to agree. People are going to autozone expecting them to diagnose or even fix their problems.

They are a "do it yourself" autoparts sales, NOT service.

Know your vehicle issues & how to fix it. Autozone employees are not trained mechanics.

They are a "do it yourself" autoparts sales, NOT service.

AutoZone Reviews