Morro Bay, California
4.5

I just went into Autozone to pickup a bottom radiator hose for one of my classic Mustangs, a 1970 Convertible. $16 and change! I wanted to make sure I spent $20.00 to get my point for rewards. I had $160.00 in credit before doing this. I wanted to use the points for something like a major brake job on my Silverado. Anyway. Grabbed a bottle of Eagle one Mag Cleaner to boost the sale over $20.00, and asked the salesman if I had $180.00 yet. He said I only had $20.00! I was then told, as of last October, Autozone was only honor the Rewards for a year! Boy do I feel screwed, blued and tattooed! Not only have I been buying from Autozone only, I've also purchased an Edelbrock Intake, Carb, etc.. from their site!

No I had asked the Managers at the Morro Bay store if there was a time limit, which they said there wasn't! I called Customer Service, which was a mute point, After 2 minutes I knew I had been had! I told the Customer Service Rep to keep the $20 that was on the car(Autozone apparently needs it more than I do!) and cancel my card. By the way, customer service told me I should have looked at one of my receipts back in October of last year, where they stated that the rewards program had limitation on time! How often do you look at anything other than the amount on a Autozone(or any other receipt) receipt? I have an email on file with them!!

I spend about $2500-3000.00 a month on parts. Autozone has lost a customer! Unless there is an absolute emergency, I won't spend another dime with Autozone!

I sincerely hope you have options other than Autozone for your parts. There's no doubt that they are screwing their customers with this Rewards program, and not only do I hope you're not playing into this program, but like me, avoid the Autozone stores and website because of the way they choose to do business!

Reason of review: REWARDS PROGRAM.

Preferred solution: An Public Apology for being a dishonest vendor!.

AutoZone Pros: Location.

AutoZone Cons: Rewards ripoff.

Comments