Autozone rewards program is a scam

I have had reward card worth $ 20.00 for months evey time I go to buy something I cant spend the $ 20.00.They tell me some nonsense about the computer etc Then I call the customer service and they tell me I have $ 20,00 credit.

I needed a new battery. The City Ave Autozone in Philadelphia would not honor my $ 20.00 reward card so I walked out and went to Firestone. The autozone store was understaffed rude sales people rushed you every purchase.

Later I called on the phone was placed on hold till I gave up.

More Review Details

Helpful? 44 Yes 44 113 No 113
Had the same issue 22 Yes 22
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 07 #1108017

that makes no sense... obviously your not very bright, if you buy something give the dude your card, and he deducts your card amount 1st.... works everytime i go there, no problems

Dec 28, 2015 #1085123

cause you are a yankee, lot nicer down south.

Nov 23, 2015 #1068510

Spent well over $1,000 in the last year. "Earned" a $20 reward which expired before I had a chance to use it. Yeah, some reward program. Autozone has good selection online and some good deals on brand name parts and online purchases, but the way their "rewards" program is structured certainly offers no real incentive to shop from them. I spend a lot on auto parts and will check out their competitor to see if they offer better programs for loyal customers.

2 1 Reply
Luigi

Jan 16 #1095775 Chicago, Illinois

I have 2 rewards cards under two different phone numbers ( in case I need to go back in less than 24 hours) which I use regularly the thing is you have to buy more than $20 so if I have to buy more items I just buy enough to get a credit then I use the $20 after 5 purchases last year I got about $200 worth of free stuff, normally I don't carry the card with me unless I want to use the $20 as credit

May 28, 2015 #988883

Ive been a customer for yrs & have had the rewards card for a long time. I (almost) always scanned the card but never tried using the points. Then yesterday, after buying a new car & needing parts, I decided to look into it. I not only was able to apply a purchase to the card when i forgot to scan it but when I called the # on the back to ask a cpl other ques the rep noticed that I had let a $20 credit expire and re issued it for me. I then used it on my next purchase. Not sure of the problems everyone else is having but sounds like it may just be the incompetence of certain employees.

1 0 Reply
ha ha ha

Apr 02, 2015 #966994 Pensacola, Florida

To use your 20.00 reward you have to have the card present and if yo do seperate transactions you dont get points you have to spread it out

waszone crazy

Nov 27, 2014 #906790 Saint Anthony, Idaho

Know that autozone change how you use your 20.00 dollar you have 30 or 60 days to use them from the last purchase

Tom Hilliard

Oct 25, 2014 #890659 Spring Hill, Florida

have had nothing but first class service in Spring Hill, Florida. I visit the store on Spring Hill Drive. They always ask for my card as sometimes I forget to present it. When I have enough points they ask if I want to use them. It's my go to store. I was in a Seven Eleven store recently and discovered I had left my wallet at home. One of th AZ employees saw me and offered to pay for my purchase. I won't go anywhere else. In addition they give me a discount for my military service. I didn't tell them I was ex-military, they asked me. God bless AZ.
EWCM (SW) Thomas N. Hilliard, USN RET.

3 2 Reply
PISSED DIY

Aug 21, 2014 #859532

AUTOZONE SUCKS NEVER WAITS FOR CUSTOMER TO GIVE THEM REWARDS CARD BUT THEN SAYS YOU HAVE NO POINTS ***! WRONG PARTS ALWAYS! MUST ORDER FROM HUB ALMOST ALWAYS,FOUR PEOPLE WORKING IN STORE TAKES TWENTY MINIUTES TO GET SERVICE. MOST OF ALL THESE PARTS ARE MANUFACTURED IN MALAYSIA, TAIWAN AND MEXICO PURE ***. ONCE AGAIN WASHINGTON DC, IN CONJUNCTION WITH LARGER GREEDY CORPERATE PIGS HAVE MADE THIS STORE LIKE WALMART AND A FEW OTHERS THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN YOU ARE ALL CROOKS,

2 3 Reply
shat

Jul 08, 2014 #837389 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I understand whst ur going through! When i make eligible purchases I never get the points i earned! I have spent about 700$ there and got no points at all! I made my purchases seperately so I could accumulate them at different times and days,but I am always told some *** story about why my points never show up!,computer glitch,or they just don't know so i should call some screwed upnumber and I also gave up.this issue goes thru so many hands thst no one knows whats going on and i am sick of explaining it over and over to a bunch of idiots !!!their sales people keep trying to sell me the wrong parts, and act like they know it all when they don't know *** !I went to advanced auto parts,at least they try harder to satisfy their customers.....

3 1 Reply
Mikey

Mar 17, 2013 #624286 Arnold, Missouri

Depends on your definition of "scam".I WAS a customer of the Autozone on jeffco blvd for 10 years;Averaging around $500.00 a year in purchases.In ALL that time,I somehow never "qualified" for the rewards credit,(ALL my purchases were for well over $20.00).While the reasons each time were different (part doesn't qualify,"system is down etc".),they always found a way to refuse.Now Advance auto has a new customer.

3 1 Reply
car guy

Mar 17, 2013 #624358 New York City, New York

beware advance too. different name same game

Mikey

Dec 22, 2013 #762631

For the record I DID call customer service.And corporate...Even called the CEO once (number changed after that,go figure)The rewards program is just another way to get the suckers in the door.Not saying Advance is better,they just haven't ripped me off .Yet.

carguy65

Mar 08, 2013 #619818

The rewards card in our area works as follows. Every time you make a purchase of twenty dollars or more before tax you receive one point on the card. After you accumulate five points you receive a twenty dollar credit into the card. Indifidual points will be removed from the card six months after the point was applied but the twenty dollar credit is earned the credit will stay on the card for eighteen months. Points may be applied by either having your card scanned or by providing the cashier with the phone number linked to the card but you must have the card in hand to redeem any credits earned.

May 28, 2015 #988887

Each point is good for 1yr after it is applied. when you get 5 pts it automatically converts into a $20 credit. then you have 90 days to use that credit before it expires. this is how the customer service guy explained it. also shows all of that if u register it on autozonerewards.com.

az emp

Feb 06, 2013 #604605

i believe the points will stay for 18 months or 6 months of inactivity

mrt

Feb 05, 2013 #604423 Middletown, New York

The old system was a lot better. I ran into the same problem, I have not redeemed my points in several months and now there gone.........

az emp

Feb 05, 2013 #604119

it sounds like u havnt been completely filled in on the way it works friend. depending on the program ur district is on(not familiar with that area) but if its like ours, the way it works is after 5 separate transactions of 20 dollars or more before tax and 20 dollar credit is put onto the card for you to use at any autozone. transactions have to be a certain length of time apart to count as points. and the part you needed is u can add any transaction w/o the card by phone number however to actually redeem any merchandise credit on the card u have to physically have the card with you and it has to be scannable. if you lost it or anything, u can still get ur credits by getting a new one issued and calling the number on the back of the card, follow the phone process and they will transfer anything on your account to the new card. hope this at least gives u some explanation of wat happened. we really arnt scamming u brother, :)

1 2 Reply

Dec 20, 2012 #584717

For some people like Obama voters picking up the phone to call the customer service number on the card is just too much trouble.

0 2 Reply

Dec 20, 2012 #584743 Largo, Florida

Obama voters have nothing to do with autozone sucking shows how mucg of a retard u are

3 0 Reply

1-20 of 61 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.