11.2K views

I have had reward card worth $ 20.00 for months evey time I go to buy something I cant spend the $ 20.00. They tell me some nonsense about the computer etc Then I call the customer service and they tell me I have $ 20,00 credit.

I needed a new battery. The City Ave Autozone in Philadelphia would not honor my $ 20.00 reward card so I walked out and went to Firestone. The autozone store was understaffed rude sales people rushed you every purchase.

Later I called on the phone was placed on hold till I gave up.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 12, 2010.

Comments

Great store in NorCa, never a problem

never had a problem redeeming my points

hey John I've tried to use my rewards card and gotten the run around from advance auto. Its not a scam but its about as close as they can come to a scam without breaking the law.

That don't make the rewards program a scam just the stores employees not doing their jobs. I've used my card many times it's nice being able to get something extra after spending money

In no way is the Auto Zone rewards program a scam!!! I have redeemed my $20 reward numerous times and never have I had a problem.

Just to be clear... You earn 1 point for every purchase over $20, to maximize you points earned, only spend $20 (before taxes) on every trip you make to Auto Zone.

On five different days make one purchase over $20 (taxes do not count towards the $20) each day and I guarantee you will get the five points you need to get the $20 reward (assuming no product returns), you can track your progress online to see how many points or rewards you have and when they expire. You need your reward card to redeem the reward so if your card is lost, call the rewards department and ask for a replacement card or get a new card from any store and call Auto Zone rewards department and have them transfer your points or rewards to your new card.

Will never shop there aain so i had the coupon for my 20.00$ given to me by them so i had that and my number it was under but no card cause my wallet was stolen they wouldnt give me the 20.00$ sayinganyone could use how many people know my phone number and have the receipt really its a. Joke looks like O'Reilly will be getting my business

to Thoams .s #1556706

The best reward program is from advance auto part. You spend $30 or more before taxes, the company will send u a $5 coupon for next time u spend $20 they will deduct $5 dollars.

If you spend $100 or more they will send you a $20 off for a $50 dollars. And the best thing is the there's no limit of how many coupons you can get, but you can only use them 1 per transaction.

The next best thing is the its good for 6 month. They can enroll you with the phone number and they send it by email, the newest thing they have is that you can get it as s text.

Same *** just happen to me , got a new battery and from the get go the girl was acted like she didnt even want to be there and speed reading the list of batteries to me and than at check out said I cant use my rewards

This program is not user-firendly and is not intuitive: rewards are awarded without announcement or a reminder and then quickly expire. Remind me at the register when I have a reward or I won't know and so will lose out.

I feel like I'm being played by a corporation that happily takes my money and then hopes for breakage on my reward, and so I've decided that I will no longer shop at AutoZone. Basic maintenance supplies are much cheaper at WalMart, and for service parts there is Rock Auto.

They conveniently can't find my husband in the system when his battery died and was under warranty. He's had a rewards card for 20 years there and the same phone number for many many years and nothing works. I think it's a scam to.

to Monica #1611670

Sounds like he was stepping out and going to Napa, lol

I use the rewards program for my oil changes. Ive been using the program since they started it and I’m surprised it’s still going.

It was made clear to me that you only get 1 point for every purchase made over $20. It never said per increment of $20.

That’s why I use it for oil change specials. I don’t buy parts from auto zone.

Spent 450.00 for 1 point really

to Pjrash #1411215

Yes really because it’s per transaction over $20.00 spent before tax. Not per $20.00 increment.

In case your wondering you can only earn one point per day. If you have a brain and simple math skills you can figure it out. 5 purchase over $20 before tax. So every 2 months buy an oil change special and scan your card.

10 months later you have $20 off to use towards your 6th oil change for the year OR towards anything else in the store. If you have 3 cars that’s 2 oil changes per year, per car. Or if you have OCD. That’s 6 oil changes for 1 car.

If you have 2 cars that’s 3 per car, per year. Many other creative ways to make it work.

to Fernando9 #1556707

The biggest problem with that kind of stores is the low quality / overprice of their products; on the other hand, they have a decent stock and they are almost everywhere. => >=

I SPENT 20.00 DOLLARS FIVE DIFFERENT TIMES . WHEN THE CASHIER RUNG THE ITEMS UP,HE FORGOT TO UES MY REWARD CARD.

WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS TOO LATE TO USE THE REWARD CARD. NEED TO CHANGE THAT.

to AM #1505661

It's never too late . Cash return it then repurchase it.

to AM #1593702

You can call it in or do it online, if you don't scan your card at the register

Explain to me if im wrong. For every 20.00 i spend i get a point.

Correct?

So when i spend over 100.00 i should get 5 points correct?

I spent over 100.00 & got 1 point.

So how does this work? Or should i have gone 5 diffrent times to get everything?