9.3K views

I have had reward card worth $ 20.00 for months evey time I go to buy something I cant spend the $ 20.00. They tell me some nonsense about the computer etc Then I call the customer service and they tell me I have $ 20,00 credit.

I needed a new battery. The City Ave Autozone in Philadelphia would not honor my $ 20.00 reward card so I walked out and went to Firestone. The autozone store was understaffed rude sales people rushed you every purchase.

Later I called on the phone was placed on hold till I gave up.

Comments

Same *** just happen to me , got a new battery and from the get go the girl was acted like she didnt even want to be there and speed reading the list of batteries to me and than at check out said I cant use my rewards

This program is not user-firendly and is not intuitive: rewards are awarded without announcement or a reminder and then quickly expire. Remind me at the register when I have a reward or I won't know and so will lose out.

I feel like I'm being played by a corporation that happily takes my money and then hopes for breakage on my reward, and so I've decided that I will no longer shop at AutoZone. Basic maintenance supplies are much cheaper at WalMart, and for service parts there is Rock Auto.

They conveniently can't find my husband in the system when his battery died and was under warranty. He's had a rewards card for 20 years there and the same phone number for many many years and nothing works. I think it's a scam to.

I use the rewards program for my oil changes. Ive been using the program since they started it and I’m surprised it’s still going.

It was made clear to me that you only get 1 point for every purchase made over $20. It never said per increment of $20.

That’s why I use it for oil change specials. I don’t buy parts from auto zone.

Spent 450.00 for 1 point really

to Pjrash #1411215

Yes really because it’s per transaction over $20.00 spent before tax. Not per $20.00 increment.

In case your wondering you can only earn one point per day. If you have a brain and simple math skills you can figure it out. 5 purchase over $20 before tax. So every 2 months buy an oil change special and scan your card.

10 months later you have $20 off to use towards your 6th oil change for the year OR towards anything else in the store. If you have 3 cars that’s 2 oil changes per year, per car. Or if you have OCD. That’s 6 oil changes for 1 car.

If you have 2 cars that’s 3 per car, per year. Many other creative ways to make it work.

The biggest problem with that kind of stores is the low quality / overprice of their products; on the other hand, they have a decent stock and they are almost everywhere. => >=

I SPENT 20.00 DOLLARS FIVE DIFFERENT TIMES . WHEN THE CASHIER RUNG THE ITEMS UP,HE FORGOT TO UES MY REWARD CARD.

WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS TOO LATE TO USE THE REWARD CARD. NEED TO CHANGE THAT.

to AM #1505661

It's never too late . Cash return it then repurchase it.

Explain to me if im wrong. For every 20.00 i spend i get a point.

Correct?

So when i spend over 100.00 i should get 5 points correct?

I spent over 100.00 & got 1 point.

So how does this work? Or should i have gone 5 diffrent times to get everything?

to Chrome Dawn #1406053

You would need to make 5 different purchase of $20 or more,but it has to be before tax.if you tried to spread the purchases hours apart in one day they will notice,even if you went to different stores.a few days apart should work,if you have the time and not so much in a hurry to have your car up and running.hope this reply helped.

to Chrome Dawn #1455684

I was told you have to wait 6 hours between purchases to use your card

to Chrome Dawn #1496343

Yes go 5 different times

that guy is ***, i was in store, he waving his arms around, yelling at customer cut in line, stinky

Wheaton, Illinois, United States #1257012

I have been a rewards member for over ten years and have never had a single problem with Autozone honoring credits I have accumulated. I love the program and it has saved me many dollars on quality merchandise! I live in the Chicagoland area and have successfully dealt with many different units.

that makes no sense... obviously your not very bright, if you buy something give the dude your card, and he deducts your card amount 1st.... works everytime i go there, no problems

cause you are a yankee, lot nicer down south.

Spent well over $1,000 in the last year. "Earned" a $20 reward which expired before I had a chance to use it.

Yeah, some reward program.

Autozone has good selection online and some good deals on brand name parts and online purchases, but the way their "rewards" program is structured certainly offers no real incentive to shop from them. I spend a lot on auto parts and will check out their competitor to see if they offer better programs for loyal customers.

to Anonymous Chicago, Illinois, United States #1095775

I have 2 rewards cards under two different phone numbers ( in case I need to go back in less than 24 hours) which I use regularly the thing is you have to buy more than $20 so if I have to buy more items I just buy enough to get a credit then I use the $20 after 5 purchases last year I got about $200 worth of free stuff, normally I don't carry the card with me unless I want to use the $20 as credit

Ive been a customer for yrs & have had the rewards card for a long time. I (almost) always scanned the card but never tried using the points.

Then yesterday, after buying a new car & needing parts, I decided to look into it. I not only was able to apply a purchase to the card when i forgot to scan it but when I called the # on the back to ask a cpl other ques the rep noticed that I had let a $20 credit expire and re issued it for me.

I then used it on my next purchase. Not sure of the problems everyone else is having but sounds like it may just be the incompetence of certain employees.