Belfast, Maine

I am a widow. Bought a powersteering pump had it installed two months later replaced pump again.

Has not left the garage because new pump is junk to. Autozone wants the vehicle to be brought down so they can hear the noise it is making. I have paid labor for this part to be replaced twice now for the third time. My husband was a mechanic and did alot of business with them when he did repairs so I trusted their parts.

Better Business Bureau here I come. I will not buy parts from them anymore thats for sure and will make sure my voice is heard.

Comments

Yes, AutoZone and others like them sell cheaply made, low quality parts that either don't last long or don't work well from the beginning. Some don't even fit correctly and need to be modified just to get them to go on.

Get the correct parts for your car, get them form the factory suppliers (OEM). They will cost more, of course, but the quality will be there and they will fit properly and give you trouble free service for years to come in most cases.

AutoZone is okay for oils, filters, etc. But leave their parts in their bins.

@Butch_N

Definitely Stay Away from Dorman Brand car parts. I base my purchase on reviews and warranty length and prefer OEM Like ACDelco Advantage parts.

I use to love Moog suspension parts but since a chinese company took over Moog their parts don't seem to last as long but still a better choice over Dorman Parts. Dorman parts usually break a month or two out of the warranty.

I'm with you. Autozone sells some good parts.

And they also sell complete junk. I have replaced the headlight switch in my car with their "premium" switch 3 times. Autozone's "top of the line" headlight switch now needs to be replaced again. Just a poor quality replacement part that wears out or breaks internally.

I should be reimbursed for my labor. I have been an auto technician for 44 years

Are the parts you negative people are buying valuceaft?

And the dude up top has it right. Blame the garage.

autozone sells junk!!!! bought a water pump there didnt last 6 months.bought set of plug wires didnt last 4 months lets all boycott junkozone

Scott

No auto parts store "has" to pay labor for parts bought over the front counter to do it yourself customers. If it isn't installed properly then it isn't the part manufacturer or the parts store's fault.

Quiz your mechanic and make sure that they completely flushed your steering system. Just replacing the pump and adding fluid is just gonna eat up a new pump every time.

Wow I have had great luck with all the parts I buy at the ZONE.I get great service from the staff that work in Waterville Maine.I would really get the car and take to another garage.Some places will take advantage of people that might not know about cars.I think you should give it a try.What do you have to loose.Good luck Mike

i believe everything you said mam. 90% of the parts we sell are made in china.

wich theres notjing wrong with that but quality control. you see in china its ok to intentionally pass a defective part. let me explain. the shipment of parts is 100% paid for when its leaves the manufaturing company and is headed to the states.therfore why spend time inspecting each and every part when its gonna be paid for anyway.

this is wear the lifetime warranty come in. you see it is more cost efficent (for the company) to just give you a new part than it would be to make sure the parts properly function before they leave the assemblie line. now take part built in the us (ie BCA hub assemblies) it will problaby almost twice the price as an economic brand (ie pronto/dorman hub assemblies). you will be for the qaulity at the time of purchase but you will save in the long run.

try to stay away from chain or international parts stores they are full of theese low qaulity high priced item. if you dont belive me go ahead and take a walk threw some of theese stores aisle. flip the merchandise over and check were it was made. you will notice only about 10 to 20% percent are made in the us.

try to stick with name brands if your are fixing a vehicle that you intend to keep (i.e. ac-delco alternators starters and batteries. moog chassie parts. monroe brake pads and shocks.

standard motor corp electronics, gates belts water pumps and tensioners,bca hub assemblies, delphi fuel pumps). it kills me to see my customers upset at me that is why i reccomend theese parts to EVERY SINGLE ONE of my customers. so they dont return to yell at me and if they go against my advice and the part fails they cant say *** to me. i once sold a man a ball joint(valucraft) the man was just cheap and did not want to pay the extra 8 dollars it cost for the moog ball joint.

hours later he returned very upset. he failed inspection for the very same ball jont he just installed yet he did not say one word to me when he returned. so this is my advice STAY AWAY FROM COOPERATE STORE THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT MONEY. SURE THEY MAY PAY FOR THE LABOR AGAIN BUT DO YOU REALLY WANNA GO THREW THAT WITH SOME HIGHLY STRESSED STORE MANAGER.

WHILE HIS DISTRICT MANAGER KEEPS TELLING HIM TO CUT HOURS SO THEY COULD SAVE 10 DOLLARS OR A 100.

REMEMBER THE PERSON YOU WILL DEAL WITH WORKS 50 PLUS HOURS A WEEK TRUST ME THEY DO NOT WANNA DEAL WITH YOU AND YOUR LABOR CLAIM. SO DO WHAT YOU WISH BUT I BET YOU MY CAR WILL LAST LONGER THAN YOURS ANY DAY 225614 MILES AND GOIN STRONG.

guess what lady.. there is only one plant that makes those..

all the stores buy from the same company.. and az parts are still the same.. the only thing that changed was now your hubby is gone..

(sorry) and you paying a garage to put it in..so i would look at the garage.. and AZ will give you the money back on the install if you take them the receipt of where you paid to have it installed

Destani
@az managers wife

No she is correct , I have installed my fuel pump on my 97 tahoe and it is only two months and i am fixing to replace it again , and a fuel pump is a no brainer, So the do sell junk

Destani
@Destani

And it was an auto azone part, sadly the Very same part is 150. bucks cheaper from autozone they do get the junk

AutoZone Reviews