Maroa, Illinois

Beware of the AutoZone online parts store... it's the slowest service I've ever experienced.

It took a week to receive the heater core and then the warehouse sent the wrong part. I reported this 3 days ago to customer service (Veronica) who said she would initiate the RMA and send the replacement part in a day or two via overnight service along with a confirmation email. As of today, no email or part so I called and talked to Gus and then Josh who told me the order is pending an approval from the warehouse and had no idea when that would occur.

Needless to say, I will NEVER use the Autozone online service again. Autozone online has the worst timelines and customer service I've experienced to date.

Product or Service Mentioned: Autozone Part Replacement.

Comments

One notable experience I've had with AutoZone online was when I was shopping for a replacement key fob for my GM vehicle. The only problem was that AutoZone listed two different models of key fob for my vehicle.

The photos of both models were exactly the same, so the photos were of no help, and AutoZone did not list any GM part numbers that each model replaced, but did list a cryptic code for each model that was meaningless to me. I then opened up a chat session with AutoZone to try to identify the correct model to fit my vehicle. I even gave the chat person the GM part number printed on my original key fob. He was still unable to identify the correct model key fob for my vehicle, and advised me to visit a GM dealer.

I then went to a competitor's online site looking for a key fob, and the competitor listed the same exact models as I had just seen listed at AutoZone's website, and the competitor even listed my GM part number right along with the correct model key fob. I ordered the key fob from the competitor, I received it within 3 business days after ordering, and saved $10 compared to the AutoZone price.

AutoZone lost a $60 sale due to their inability to cross reference the GM part number that their competitor had listed right on their website.

AutoZone Reviews