Lehighton, Pennsylvania

I could write a book about all the things that are just downright wrong/illegal since I've been with Autozone, which is about 2 and a half years now. I have worked in 4 stores now due to them transferring me twice and also since they needed help in another store I offered to help.

The company has short changed me pay for overtime several times due to the punch clock program not working and also due to one manager adjusting the payroll in the system so it wouldn't go in as overtime, which is illegal! When I brought this to the payroll department's attention I was told that it was an adjustment and that I was incorrect even though I had written my hours down and know that I wasn't mistaken. Also I have done work on several occasions and not been clocked in or paid for my work. I was told not to bother pursuing it because it was in my best interest to just forget about it.

I was also forced to stay in the store after hours until 1am for the floors to be refinished and wasn't told until the last 2 hours of the day that this was happening and it happened more than once. Another problem is all the days I worked 10 to 12 hour shifts and there was nobody else scheduled so I had to go without a lunch break. Really!?!?!

This is how a multi million dollar company does things!?!?! I have compiled all the info and proof and I am talking to lawyers to see what can be done.

Product or Service Mentioned: Autozone Manager.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Call your regional Manager, there is no AutoZone in Lehighton, Pennsylvania. what region are you in

@Zoner

Of course there isn't an Autozone in Lehighton, I'm not going to put the town I live or work in because I don't want anyone to know who I am. I have talked to district and regional mgrs as well as hr and was treated very poorly for "trying to cause problems" my issues with Autozone is autozone!

They want us to shut up and do what we're told. And if you complain it just goes back to the mgrs that are the problem in the first place.

@Zoner

Also I work like an hour and a half/2 hours from home and am scheduled to close and then open the next day, I've tried to get transferred to one of the 3 stores closer to me and have been waiting for 6 months but they won't help me. I was supposed to go to one closer when I came to the store I'm at now but hr dragged their feet and then filled the position.

I just don't understand why the company is so demanding of the standards when it comes to the store employees, but they are so incompetent when it comes time to do their job.

From day one I've seen example after example of how poorly they conduct business and treat employees. I wasn't even hired and could tell something wasn't right when I had to drive an hour 3 separate times for an interview with the dm and then was told the dm couldn't make it after I was already there.

AutoZone Reviews