30.5K views

I have worked for AutoZone for roughly 6 years. I am an Assistant Store Manager and let me tell you AutoZone is another giant *** fest that only stays a float because of the employees that want to keep their jobs for a OK income.

After 5 years I have only made a total of $1.43 cents in raizes. They tell you the maximum raize per year is $0.25. Really a whole quater? Wow... and the company is a Fortue 500 Company right? I wonder who gets all of that money.

Now I enjoy helping customers, comming to work, and making sure the store looks good. What I do not like is that I am FORCED to sell ADDON items known as WITT-JR (What It Takes to do the Job Right). These items are Brake Grease, Bulb Grease, Radiator Hose Grease, Anti-Seize, Spark Plug Boot Grease, and Gasket Sealer in small packets that sell around $1.29 EACH in this area. This is a TOTAL ABSOLUTE RIP OFF! And we are given daily goals to hit... when we do not hit these goals we can be written up. Now in my store the store manager is going to start giving out more hours to the people that sell more WITT-JR and taking away hours to the people who do not.

Tell me this... would you rather have me remind you to properly gap your spark plugs or sell you anti-seize? Because they want us to focus on the anti-seize and not on our customers interest.

Now so you can see we are already trying to sell you add-on items... not that big of deal. Until I have to try and sell you our CHECK OUT CHALLANGE. So in July I get to tell you how much better STP is and in August I get to tell you how much better Lucas is. So what am I supposed to focus on, WITT-JR?, Checkout Challange?, or the customer? Oh thats right... whatever makes the company more money right?

Now that im trying to sell you two items I now have to get you to sign up for our Customer Loyality Program. Which takes down all of your personal information and adds it to our giant database. Not that big of a deal we do not send our junk mail.... yet! So now I am trying to sell you $1.29 addon items, ~$5.00 checkout challanges, get you to sign up for a plastic card, and im supposed to be there to help the customer? Yeah right.

Now we also have to try and sell you Air Filters EVERYTIME a customer buys an oil change. So there is something else I have to try and push.

Everyday we have to call our DM (District Manger) at 11:30, 2:30, and 5:30 to tell him how many addon items we have sold in each catagory. When he listens to his voicemails and hears we do not have enough we get called on the phone and bitched out. Because were not "asking properly"... you know what *** YOU you over paid *** in a paid company vehicle. The only reason you got your job is because you just kissed *** and that is all you still do.

Now let me tell you all about our parts. Our Valuecraft line (no matter the part) is absolutly JUNK. It is not worth the box they put the part in. ANY part you have to add fluid too (master cylinder, wheel cylinder, clutch, power steering pump, steering rack and pinion) are all garbage. You will end up putting these "remanufactured" parts on your car and you have a 50-50 chance it will leak out of the box. Do not waste your money and buy your parts from someone else. However I can tell you Advanced Auto and Orileys (spelling?) is in the same boat we are here. Even though you might have to spend a little more money buy your parts from Napa or CarQuest... much better quality.

Lastly, the training you get at the company is disgraseful. They have some computer "training classes" for you to do but it is 100% up to the store to train you. They will say that is it hands on training but it is impossable to do because the company never gives you enough hours to run the stores properly. Example, 226 hours is given for an averge week in the winter( 1x 50hr , 4x 40hr , + many part-time people)... one can easily see... this gives me 16 TOTAL hours to give to ~4 people. I understand their part-time but give me a break. If you (AutoZone) wants employee retention then suck it up and take care of your employees and maybe you would have a 1 employee loss a month out of the 7 stores around me.

One additional note to all of the completly slow customers who make helping other customers a chore. Come in known what the *** car is you need something for. I do not drive your vehicle nor do I want to go figure it out for you. If you need help identifing a part, fine, but give me a break. And if you cannot even say one word in English go home and figure that *** out. I speak some Spanish... good enough to figure out the part your looking for... but I am not going to even try to help you if you cannot meet me in the middle. Same goes our to all you other non-English speaking people. I can only ask you the same qustion 2 or 3 times before I get pissed. I wouldn't go to Germany or Bosnia and expect them to understand English... I would try to learn some of the language before I went there. But maybe thats why your here. You were too *** to make it over there so you figured here would be different. Your still a dumb *** here and now you at least look like it.

I am just a tired of all the BS. I want to be treated like an asset and not walked on because I am ASE Certified and good worker. I know what the customers want and that is why I have so many customers come to AutoZone specifically for my help! You want me to push this *** down their throat when to me that screams "I don't care what you want just spend some money!). That is not customer service and the only people it makes happy is the customers that don't have a clue their being *** on. The intelligent ones only shop at AutoZone when they have to and they will usually tell you when your there.

And AutoZone is the oposite of a "Green" company... we throw away TONS of paper every day just because their 4000+ stores are about 8 years behind.

Review about: Autozone Auto Part.

Had an Experience with Autozone?

Comments

I like how it says "not resolved" at the top....it never will be....

you have a pyramid scheme structure of a company... think of it like this, autozone is the 7-11 of parts stores... 2 employees in MOST stores MOST of the time and they offer all this "free" $&*+ that makes it very stressful for the employees that need a check... I urge everyone that works for this company to start looking for another job and show those in the corporate position that they need to tone their salaries and BONUSES down and get more hours for more employees in the store...

they hide their turnover by keeping the employees that leave all the time in the system as if they still work there. This guy stated exactly what is going on across the board I have worked for autozone for 5 yrs in management etc.

At a bunch of different stores due to not being able to retain employees.You can flip hamburgers at McDonald's for more $.

Mesa, Arizona, United States #1263541

you're incompetence has sold me, i'm now going to buy my car supplies from Autozone.

to Anonymous #1340545

I agree

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1251259

Amen!!! You couldn't have said it better ,everything you wrote is absolutely true and I'm sure all of my team at the Autozone I work at agree with you 100% .

Granite City, Illinois, United States #1247794

I feel you I own a business and had to get a PT there at AZ.At first I thought it was going to be good.

I started on register then to commercial driver. I was being told I was great and all of the commercial customers loved me and would even request me. Our FT delivery guy ended up finding a BETTER job "teeheehee" and the position became open. I was told by everyone that I was the only one who wanted it and also the next in line, BY EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HIRING MANAGER GO FIGURE.

BY THE WAY MY HIRING MANGER JUST TOOK OVER THIS STORE ALL THE MANAGERS ARE LEAVING THAT HAVE BEEN THERE FOR YEARS BECAUSE OF HOW PATHETIC HE IS. I was so excited. I even went as far as telling my fiancé I was going to get the position most likely. Well wonderful old non union axx AZ passed ALL OF US THAT HAD BEEN THERE OVER to hire A MAN FOR THE POSITION!!!!

I am a woman and I get treated so differently there I hate it!!! I have worked on vehicles with my father since I could walk, took auto all through highschool and I am 30 so that gives me well over 16 yrs of experience when my boss was a fn teacher before this job and no not auto teacher. I get told to go in and let them finish up batteries or bulbs. GRRRR WHAT HAPPENED TO EQUALITY????

I got smart with my boss today, you know he didn't even know what a bump stick was... also said it was ALWAYS USED IN racing terms then laughed. Like I don't know anything. My other manager is younger then I am and knows nothing...

I also was sexually assaulted by another team member and when I told my boss NOTHING WAS DONE! FU AUTOZONE. I can not believe I am subjected to this day in and day out. Worst of all though is that I get pennies for a job that requires you to do general mechanics.

How is that even legal.LMAO I can not wait until this winter is over so I can tell them all shove it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to Anonymous Granite City, Illinois, United States #1248730

This sounds a lot like me but this isn't me who is this.I love my job!!!!!

For one! For two I do not have 16 yrs experience of auto. Whoever wrote this had to be listening to what me and boss man was talking about to write this! For three this was low.

I have four children and love being the soul provider for my family. Even though my other half works it is construction so AZ came just in time before we were drowning. My business is on stand still so you really do not know what you are talking about on here. I hope to go far with the company.

I see myself there for years.For you to write something like that you truly know nothing about the person I am.

Brooklyn, New York, United States #1244500

this is the most honest thing i ever heard i work here now and its just ridiculous !

Love this. It is spot on! I don't think I could have said it any better.

Saint Joseph, Michigan, United States #1242027

I am a gray shirt for about 7months Certified Mechanic and can't believe what I am seeing from Autozone.The only experience these employees have at this store is diy at best.Customers come in and don't know NOTHING about there own vehicle and expect you to know.Well guess what if you don't know anything about your vehicle you don't even need to own one.

We don't have a data base about your vehicle. And people come in have youpull the codes from your vehicle (from a toy code reader at best) or they will watch a cheap YouTube video be convinced that's the problem with there vehicle buy the part and end up bringing it back ( to any autozone witch is BULLS**T) because that wasn't the problem and tell you about it. Some people needs to stay away from under the hood. And yes the *** COC is just *** aii the Nicknacks that autozone TRYS to sell is just ridiculous, auto parts stores is just that AUTOPARTS STORY NOT A DEPARTMENT STORE.

When I started out in automotive industry many,many years ago when you walked into a AUTOPARTS store that's what you found AUTOPARTS and tools and in many MACHINE SHOPS!!!!!

Come on autozone get it together if you want to be a REAL AUTOPARTS store START selling GOOD AUTOPARTS and yes STOP SELLING ALL THAT *** YOU SELL BECAUSE IT IS JUST JUNK, PARTS IN A JUNK YARD IS BETTER THANTHIS *** AND STOP SELLING ALL THIS BLING ***!!!(GET IT TOGETHER AUTOZONE) I DON'T CARE HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN AROUND YOU ARE FAILING!!!

#1220475

I'm and assistant store manager for my store I currently work for.For the task that we are required to complete at this position I am paid a fair price.

So as far as what you make or saying you get paid poorly is probably due to you not selling yourself on what you're worth. We are required to sell "WITTDJR", Offer them any kind of grease that might help their job, or set them up with loyalty card to save them some money in the long run, and offer a purchase of an air filter when selling an oil change. Remind you these task your asking to do are things I could find an educated high school student to do. You obviously sound like someone who doesn't like their job and should probably stray away from any kind of retail job.

We live in a country were we have a diverse community, and not everyone will speak the best English. I don't have the best grammar, but it seem like you yourself speak very good english. If your going to get upset with a customer because of a language barrier. The highest job you should have had is delivering parts.

Now not every store is well maintained or has the best employees (like your store i presume) but there are good stores and good store managers. I probably didn't hit on everything that I could have, but just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean the company in a whole is bad. I'm sure with your attitude and the way you speak about the customers and what not, most of yours issues were your own personal issues....

So next time you apply for a job, put a little more effort into doing your job and encouraging others to succeed. Just maybe, you might get a better "raize" (raise). Just FYI I've worked for the company for a little over a year and have had two promotions and almost $5.00 in raises.

Also will be getting promoted to Store Manager in the next month.So its all about what you put into it, and for the record, I'm only 23!