Autozone rewards program is a scam

Aug 12, 2010
review #193733

I have had reward card worth $ 20.00 for months evey time I go to buy something I cant spend the $ 20.00.They tell me some nonsense about the computer etc Then I call the customer service and they tell me I have $ 20,00 credit.

I needed a new battery. The City Ave Autozone in Philadelphia would not honor my $ 20.00 reward card so I walked out and went to Firestone. The autozone store was understaffed rude sales people rushed you every purchase.

Later I called on the phone was placed on hold till I gave up.

abd2476
Had an experience with AutoZone?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
PISSED DIY

Aug 21

AUTOZONE SUCKS NEVER WAITS FOR CUSTOMER TO GIVE THEM REWARDS CARD BUT THEN SAYS YOU HAVE NO POINTS ***! WRONG PARTS ALWAYS! MUST ORDER FROM HUB ALMOST ALWAYS,FOUR PEOPLE WORKING IN STORE TAKES TWENTY MINIUTES TO GET SERVICE. MOST OF ALL THESE PARTS ARE MANUFACTURED IN MALAYSIA, TAIWAN AND MEXICO PURE ***. ONCE AGAIN WASHINGTON DC, IN CONJUNCTION WITH LARGER GREEDY CORPERATE PIGS HAVE MADE THIS STORE LIKE WALMART AND A FEW OTHERS THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN YOU ARE ALL CROOKS,

shat

Jul 08 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I understand whst ur going through! When i make eligible purchases I never get the points i earned! I have spent about 700$ there and got no points at all! I made my purchases seperately so I could accumulate them at different times and days,but I am always told some *** story about why my points never show up!,computer glitch,or they just don't know so i should call some screwed upnumber and I also gave up.this issue goes thru so many hands thst no one knows whats going on and i am sick of explaining it over and over to a bunch of idiots !!!their sales people keep trying to sell me the wrong parts, and act like they know it all when they don't know *** !I went to advanced auto parts,at least they try harder to satisfy their customers.....

Mikey

Mar 17, 2013 Arnold, Missouri

Depends on your definition of "scam".I WAS a customer of the Autozone on jeffco blvd for 10 years;Averaging around $500.00 a year in purchases.In ALL that time,I somehow never "qualified" for the rewards credit,(ALL my purchases were for well over $20.00).While the reasons each time were different (part doesn't qualify,"system is down etc".),they always found a way to refuse.Now Advance auto has a new customer.

Mikey

Dec 22, 2013

For the record I DID call customer service.And corporate...Even called the CEO once (number changed after that,go figure)The rewards program is just another way to get the suckers in the door.Not saying Advance is better,they just haven't ripped me off .Yet.

carguy65

Mar 08, 2013

The rewards card in our area works as follows. Every time you make a purchase of twenty dollars or more before tax you receive one point on the card. After you accumulate five points you receive a twenty dollar credit into the card. Indifidual points will be removed from the card six months after the point was applied but the twenty dollar credit is earned the credit will stay on the card for eighteen months. Points may be applied by either having your card scanned or by providing the cashier with the phone number linked to the card but you must have the card in hand to redeem any credits earned.

az emp

Feb 06, 2013

i believe the points will stay for 18 months or 6 months of inactivity

mrt

Feb 05, 2013 Middletown, New York

The old system was a lot better. I ran into the same problem, I have not redeemed my points in several months and now there gone.........

az emp

Feb 05, 2013

it sounds like u havnt been completely filled in on the way it works friend. depending on the program ur district is on(not familiar with that area) but if its like ours, the way it works is after 5 separate transactions of 20 dollars or more before tax and 20 dollar credit is put onto the card for you to use at any autozone. transactions have to be a certain length of time apart to count as points. and the part you needed is u can add any transaction w/o the card by phone number however to actually redeem any merchandise credit on the card u have to physically have the card with you and it has to be scannable. if you lost it or anything, u can still get ur credits by getting a new one issued and calling the number on the back of the card, follow the phone process and they will transfer anything on your account to the new card. hope this at least gives u some explanation of wat happened. we really arnt scamming u brother, :)

Dec 20, 2012

For some people like Obama voters picking up the phone to call the customer service number on the card is just too much trouble.

Dec 20, 2012 Largo, Florida

Obama voters have nothing to do with autozone sucking shows how mucg of a retard u are

Feb 02, 2013 Branson, Missouri

Before you call him a retard you might want to install spell check so you don't look like the tard

Apr 06, 2013

Sucks to be this guy.

ZenSei

Oct 26, 2012

Never had that Issue. I've used the $20 Credits multiple times with success.

I do however have an issue with how the "Credits" are calculated. They only give you "One Point" Credit if you spend $20 or $2000.

My suggestion is to break down your purchases to as close to $20 as possible. That way you can get multiple Points and make your Rewards faster.

Good Luck

Fmr. Zoner

Apr 10, 2013 Birmingham, Alabama

Doesn't matter. You can only get up to 1 point per day. When I had customers try to do that, I would break up their transaction, and let them think they had cheated the system, but all those purchases still only added up to 1 point. (If they got greedy, and tried to break it up so that sales tax was all that would bring them over $20, they would end up not getting any points.)

jojo merceds tx

Oct 01, 2012

Jojo here from tx iv earnd more than ..2=400.$..never have they denied my credits.....some stors do have *** in there staff.

jojo merceds tx

Oct 01, 2012

JR

Jul 23, 2012

I am very happy with the Autozone rewards program - that is the only reason I am a loyal customer. Please, do not change it.

Aeniar W

Jun 30, 2012

I have no complaints with the in-store people @ AZ #5775! Thier registers EVEN stop until I tell them I want to use my AZ rewards when they kick in. :)

Bill Derry

Jun 01, 2012

I use my rewards regularly without problems. I wish they would give points for every $20 spent, for example I should get 5 points when I buy a $100 item. I usually try to split up my order so I only spend $20 at a time.

1-20 of 51 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about AutoZone.
Filing a new complaint about
×